Easy tips to attract last minute sales
Here are some quick and easy tips to attract last minute shoppers, and those keen to support local businesses, during the Christmas season.
- Offer customers free gift-wrapping as added value.
- Make it easier for busy shoppers by grouping items into price ranges such as ‘Gifts under $10’, or into categories eg ‘Gifts for the gardener’ or ‘Gifts for the handyman’.
- Train your staff to be able to demonstrate or recommend products to interested buyers.
- Update your website to include information and pricing on all major products.
- Provide special services such as home delivery or product viewings for loyal and regular customers.
- If applicable promote your products through in-store demonstrations or workshops.
- Clearly display your policies on refunds and returns (checking that they are in line with Australian Consumer Law).
- Encourage customers to return to your business in the new year by offering vouchers for discounts on future purchases rather than pre-Christmas discounts.
For more hints and tips to help your business generate sales:
- Read our article on how to boost your offline sales in an online world
- Learn how to get your business online and generating sales
- See our marketing and promotion strategies (including free templates to download and use)