Just about every business needs a website. Even if customers don’t actually buy online, they are still doing extensive online research before making a purchase. Having a website provides the perfect opportunity for you to showcase your goods or services and to engage with current and potential customers.
Trying to decide where to start your website journey can be overwhelming. This workshop will help you to determine what you want a website to do for your business. It will also explore the options to build it yourself or to engage professionals.
As you progress through the workshop you’ll also complete a booklet that you can use as the foundation of a plan for your new website.
Main topics covered
This workshop covers:
- the type of website that will best meet your business needs
- an overview of domain names, web hosting, booking and shopping systems
- the main options for website development
- hiring professional developers
- using templates to build your own
- using web builder wizards
- developing a site map
- writing for the web
- creating images and graphics
- managing SEO (search engine optimisation)
- monitoring website performance
In addition to a practical workbook, you’ll also receive a Build a Website booklet that you can use as the foundation of your new website.
Practical examples and directions of where to source online tools are provided throughout the workshop. You’ll also be able to ask questions.
You don’t need to bring a laptop or tablet with you.
Who it's for
This workshop is for business owners who don’t have a website but know they need one. Even if you plan to outsource the development of your website, to get a site that really meets your business needs, it is essential to know how to write a good plan and which questions to ask your developers.
Beyond being able to ‘surf the net’, no previous or technical knowledge is required to attend this workshop.
About the presenter
Our foundation workshops are presented by SBDC business advisers and local small business owners. These presenters have been selected for their vast experience and expertise in this subject area.
This workshop is offered at a reduced cost thanks to substantial funding from the Government of Western Australia.
- Access to the live workshop
- A recording of the workshop which you can access for up to seven days post event (online workshops only)
- Copies of any resources shared with attendees
When and where
Click on the book now button for more details about this workshop.