The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows you to arrange your financial affairs to keep your tax to a minimum. This is commonly known as tax planning.
This introductory workshop will explain the rules around tax planning so you can maximise your return and/or discuss strategies you may wish to implement with your accountant.
Having an up-to-date copy of your business accounts on hand for this session will be of benefit.
Please note: the information provided in this workshop is general in nature. The SBDC recommends that you speak to your accountant or tax professional before implementing any of the strategies discussed.
Main topics covered
- Understanding tax planning rules and how they can benefit you
- Determining if you should you lodge early or on the last day
- How to ‘optimise’ the amount of tax you pay
- Determining whether you should purchase new business assets
- Super contributions and your tax
- Determining how to pay yourself as a business owner
- How to manage bad debt
- Analysing if you should prepay expenses
Who it's for
This workshop is for all small business owners.
About the presenter
Accumulate Perth is a multi-award winning, progressive accounting firm providing a range of essential business services to WA small and medium business clients.
This workshop is offered at a reduced cost thanks to substantial funding from the Government of Western Australia.
- Access to the live workshop
- A recording of the workshop which you can access for up to seven days post event (online workshops only)
- Copies of any resources shared with attendees
When and where
Click on the book now button for more details about this workshop.