Support for regional business owners in Western Australia
When you’re located in regional Western Australia, it can sometimes feel like you don’t have access to as many resources as your counterparts in the Perth metro area.
Here at the SBDC, we provide a range of support services which are available both locally in your area as well as over the phone or online.
Here is an overview of the services on offer.
Free advice and small business workshops
General business advice for current and aspiring business owners in regional Western Australia is available via our Business Local service. This includes access to free* business advice and guidance on a range of general business topics, as well as small business workshops.
A number of regional businesses have benefitted from our Business Local service, including this recent compliment for one of our providers received via Facebook.
Find out more about Business Local, including the local service provider in your area.
Dispute resolution service
If you find yourself in dispute with another business or a government department, our dispute resolution service can help you – no matter where you are located in Western Australia.
Commercial tenancy advice
Signing a lease is a big commitment, both legally and financially. Before you make any verbal commitments or sign a commercial lease, contact us to speak to one of our business advisers who specialise in commercial tenancy.
Business Licence Finder
Most businesses will need some form of licences or permits in order to operate. The good news is that finding this information is quick and easy thanks to our free online Business Licence Finder, which you can use to generate a customised report that outlines:
- all of the licences, permits and codes of practice your business needs
- details of the particular agency responsible for each licence and how to apply
- a breakdown of the licence fees and period of cover.
Free online resources
Our website offers a range of practical information and free resources for you to download. In particular:
- I need business advice contains useful information (arranged by topic) to help you, ranging from getting started, business registrations and tax obligations, to hiring staff.
- Business templates and tools to help you manage your finances, marketing, business planning or recover a debt.
- Building your knowledge guides - a series of fact sheets with practical information on a range of topics to assist you to develop your business knowledge and skills.
Looking for business support in the Perth metro area?
* Business advisory sessions are free, however there may be a charge if you receive services not covered by Business Local. You will be clearly advised before incurring any costs.
Photo credit: Tourism Western Australia