If you are new to business, or not trained in basic bookkeeping skills, record keeping can be overwhelming. Many business owners fail to meet best-practice guildelines and so are running their business blindly. With the ATO's strict guidelines around record keeping, it's important to understand how to be compliant. With proper bookkeeping systems you will be able to generate essential business reports to help you make better financial decisions and provide greater clarity as to how your business is tracking.
Main topics covered
- ATO record keeping requirements
- How to record business transactions
- An overview of the profit and loss and balance sheet reports
- A review of the different types of accounting software available
- Options for document storage including electronic options and apps
- Tips to set up a productive office/admin area
Who it's for
This workshop is suitable for anyone new to business or anyone already in business but wanting to gain a better understanding on best practice record keeping.
About the presenter
Bookwiz is a multi-award winning business advisory firm that has been providing bookkeeping, BAS and payroll services for 20 years. Along with these services, our presenter has extensive experience with MYOB & XERO training, change management/digital transformation consulting and financial literacy training for small business owners and has over 25 years experience in the financial services industry.
This workshop is offered at a reduced cost thanks to substantial funding from the Government of Western Australia.
- Access to the live workshop
- A recording of the workshop which you can access for up to seven days post event (online workshops only)
- Copies of any resources shared with attendees
When and where
Click on the book now button for more details about this workshop.