Intellectual Property (IP) can present a number of issues for small business owners, especially if you don't know what to look out for. This workshop will focus on commercial IP issues that you are likely to come across in the day-to-day running of your business.
This is an interactive session will provide you with an opportunity to ask questions and share experiences. A number of real-life scenarios will also be used to demonstrate common IP issues faced by business owners.
Main topics covered
- What IP is and why it's important
- Using trade marks to protecting your business and product names
- Securing your IP
- Managing business agreements that include IP
- IP strategy and management, including how to make the most of your IP
Who it's for
This workshop is for people:
- who are ready to launch a business or a new product to market
- any business owners who are interested in gaining more knowledge and clarification of IP
The cost of this workshop is just $20, thanks to substantial funding from the Government of Western Australia.
About the presenter
The facilitator of this workshop, Guy Provan, has more than 30 years of legal experience in the area of IP. Guy helps small businesses consider the importance of IP and guides participants through IP law in a straightforward manner, while also giving practical advice across a number of topics. Guy is classified as ‘preeminent’, the highest ranking available for lawyers in the IP field in Western Australia.
This workshop is offered at a reduced cost thanks to substantial funding from the Government of Western Australia.
- Access to the live workshop
- A recording of the workshop which you can access for up to seven days post event
- Copies of any resources shared with attendees
When and where
Click on the book now button for more details about this workshop.