This workshop is aimed at people who don’t think of themselves as a ‘numbers person’ and looks to take the mystery out of your business financials.
In this interactive session, key financial information will be presented in a visual way using the Colour Accounting Learning System. Participants will be provided with a workbook and pop up pack to use throughout the workshop sessions to assist them to better understand profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
Following this workshop you will have a greater understand of accounting, finance and business and how they interrelate.
Main topics covered
- What accounting concepts and terms mean in plain English
- The importance of a balance sheet and how it talks to your profit and loss statement
- Understanding what your business finances actually mean
- Knowing the right questions to ask your accountant or bookkeeper
Who it's for
- business owners who want to build their knowledge and confidence in finance and accounting
- accountants and bookkeepers wanting to provide more value to their clients by communicating in a language they can understand
About the presenter
The facilitator of this workshop, Debbie Millard, has been a Chartered Accountant for 30 years and is an experienced Chief Financial Officer. Debbie is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a Telstra Business Women's Award Finalist and Associate Certified Coach. Debbie specialists in explaining accounting and finance in plain English and knows how to talk the language of non-accountants.
This workshop is offered at a reduced cost thanks to substantial funding from the Government of Western Australia.
When and where
Click on the book now button for more details about this workshop.