Learn directly from successful small business operators.
Whether you’re thinking about starting a business or have been operating for some time, our Business Essentials Package will equip you to start well, survive and thrive.
Through five interactive weekly workshops delivered online by experienced small business owners, you will access practical skills and insider insights to set yourself up to thrive.
From business planning to social media and savvy ways to make the most of your precious time, our Business Essentials Package will boost your chance of success with relevant and up to date information from those in the know.
Limited spots are available – don’t miss your chance to start 2023 with a bang!
About the Business Essentials Package
- All five online workshops are interactive, so you can ask questions in real time
- Includes a total of 14 hours of training for just $80, thanks to funding by the State Government
PLUS after each workshop you’ll receive:
- A recording of that week’s workshop to revisit later on
- Free downloads and tools to help you drive next steps
- Access to free expert business advisory
Find out more about each workshop and what you'll learn.
Starting a Business: 6pm to 8pm on 21 February
- essential licences and registrations
- your ABN, business name and GST registration
- introduction to business finance 101
- the value of the market and how you can access it
- understanding how to differentiate from your competition
How to Write a Business Plan: 6pm to 9pm on 28 February
- how a marketing plan fits into your business plan
- why you need a financial strategy
- how a SWOT analysis will help you identify your business opportunities
Digital Marketing Essentials: 6pm to 9pm on 7 March
- the best social media platforms for your business
- ideas for creating content and how often to post
- an introduction to blogging, email marketing, and mobile marketing
- understanding online review sites
Understanding Business Financials: 6pm to 9pm on 14 March
- how to read a profit and loss statement
- knowing the difference between margin and mark-up
- understanding a balance sheet
- tracking key performance indicators
- knowing your net cash position
- the importance of managing cash flow
Digital Tools to Boost Productivity: 6pm to 9pm on 21 March
- doing business in the cloud
- helping customers find and access your business
- automating records and bookkeeping
- an overview of Google tools
- online marketing using Canva, Eventbrite and MailChimp