Applications are now open for the Small Business Rent Relief Package - Tenant Rent Relief Scheme March 2022 (Tenant Rent Relief Scheme).
The payment of $3,000 excluding GST is intended to offset the financial impact of reduced turnover at Western Australian businesses, related to increasing community cases of COVID-19 and the implementation of Level 1 Public Health and Social Measures Directions.
To be eligible for the Tenant Rent Relief Scheme the applicant must meet all criteria listed below:
- Verify their identity using myGovID.
- Hold a valid and active ABN for the period covered by their application.
- Be currently trading in Western Australia and:
- Have an annual turnover of more than $50,000, excluding GST.
- Have an Australia-wide annual payroll of less than $4 million.
- Demonstrate a reduction in turnover of at least 30 per cent for a consecutive four week period between 1 January and 30 April 2022, compared to an equivalent period in the previous year
- an alternative period in the previous year may be used for comparison if the businesses did not operate in the equivalent period or comparison with the equivalent period provides an inaccurate financial representation of the business.
- Provide written evidence of a lease for business premises in Western Australia that was in place for the period the claim is being made for.
- Provide an unredacted PDF copy of their business bank statement showing 2022 transactions, a BSB, an account number and the business name associated with the tenancy.
- Agree to the program’s Terms and Conditions.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Terms and Conditions
- Ensure your internet browser is up to date, the following browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome v3.0+
- Safari v3.0+
- Firefox v 2.0+
- Internet Explorer v8.0+
- Follow the myGovID identity verification procedure:
- Ensure you have set up your myGovID app to standard security strength on your smart device (see video tutorial).
- Click on the “Verify your identity” button on this page to go to the myGovID verification page on wa.gov.au.
- Click on the “Confirm identity” button then “register now” in the digital identity section. You will be redirected to identity.gov.au.
- Select “myGovID” and login with the email address assigned to your myGovID account.
- Enter the code show on the screen into your smart device’s myGovID app.
- You will be redirected to wa.gov.au where you give your consent to share your identification details.
- On the wa.gov.au page you have been redirected to, complete your other details including your ABN, and submit the form. You will see a confirmation message.
- You will receive an automated email with details on how to start your grant application. Select the link for the grant you are applying for to take you to the SmartyGrants platform.
- You can log in to SmartyGrants using an existing login from your registered email, or create a new account. Note that applications on the SmartyGrants platform can be saved and returned to later by using your account details, but can’t be accessed or edited once submitted.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt. Without this acknowledgement, your application has not been successfully submitted.
- Applications must be received by 4:00pm 30 June 2022 (AWST).
- Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible and you will be notified of the result via email.
- Payments for successful applications will be made to your nominated business bank account.