The State Government has announced its mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for the WA workforce.
The following links contain more information on the workplaces this applies to:
- Mandatory vaccines and small business employers
- Mandatory vaccinations for Critical Business Workers released
As an employer, your obligations are to:
- Check if your business falls into the list of workplaces and occupations that the mandate applies to.
- Where an employer’s designated workplace is covered by a health direction, the employer will have two main obligations:
- Only roster or otherwise permit to work at a designated workplace an employee who is vaccinated against COVID-19 or is an exempt person (different dates will apply depending on the workplace and occupation).
- Collect and securely store a record of the COVID-19 vaccination status of employees, including any evidence of an employee’s approved exemption. It is an offence for a person to fail, without reasonable excuse, to comply with any of the health directions.
Read our Mandatory Vaccinations Good Employment Practice Guide to assist you in managing employee relations regarding this matter.