Have you been to the SBDC? They are fantastic, always made me feel confident about starting my own business. You can even call and it's free!Melanie Gray via Facebook group
Are you ready?
Starting a business and making a profit usually requires a lot of effort and commitment on your part. Many businesses have started with a good idea but there is much more involved to being a business owner.
Before you commit your time and finances to a business consider the following questions to see whether you are ready to make it a success.
- Do you have relevant experience in the industry you’re considering entering?
- Do you thrive on challenges?
- Do you have the discipline and motivation to keep going when times are tough?
- Do you enjoy making and being responsible for your own decisions?
- Are you prepared to work long hours including weekends?
- Do you have sufficient personal savings or an alternative income to live off during the early stages of your business?
- If you have a family, do they understand that there may be less income and time available to spend with them while you are starting your business? Do they support this?
- Are you prepared to develop your skills and knowledge in areas that you will need to effectively run your business?
- Are you prepared to seek assistance from professional business advisers?
- Are you prepared to take the risk of not succeeding and losing all the money you have invested?
If you answered ‘no’ to any of the above questions, then starting a business may not be the best option for you at this time.
Alternatively, if you answered ‘yes’ to all of the questions you could well be ready to get started.