How to Start a Food Business
This workshop provides practical guidance to anyone who is considering starting a food-based business - whether it's a simple market stall, a mobile food van or a commercial café/restaurant. Key topics covered include regulations and licences required to start your business and how to comply with health and safety standards and local legislation. You will also be taken through how to work out the cost of setting up and running and how to conduct market research to test your business ideas.
Main topics covered
- The benefits and challenges of being your own boss
- Types of food businesses and cost of setting up
- Market research and pricing
- Finding a suitable location
- Low cost marketing strategies
- Choosing packaging and minimising wastage
- Licensing and regulations
Who it's for
This workshop is for people who are planning to start a food business.
The cost of this workshop is just $20, thanks to substantial funding from the Government of Western Australia.
About the presenter
Business Foundations is a not-for-profit organisation offering quality advice, mentoring and training to small and medium businesses at any stage of their development.