Dealing with unexpected events
Unexpected events such as natural disasters or loss of key staff can impact your ability to run your business. As your business is critical to your financial wellbeing, it is important to plan for these events so you can respond and recover quickly.
A business continuity plan generally includes:
- A detailed list of risks such as natural disasters, vandalism, terrorism, theft.
- Actions to be taken if the unexpected event occurs.
- A list of key staff and their specific roles in relation to the plan.
- A list of activating events that could trigger the plan such as a flood or fire.
- Emergency contact telephone numbers.
- Details of where first aid and key documents are stored.
- A list of key documents such as insurance policies and financial records that need to be retrieved if the plan is activated.