Tips to boost your sales this Easter
Making the most of seasonal events is a great way for small businesses to boost sales and market their business. Let’s take Easter for example. While the shopping season has already started, the bulk of Easter sales don’t occur until the week before Good Friday.
With Easter just around the corner it’s no surprise that many Australians will have chocolate and hot cross buns on their mind. According to Bakers Delight CEO Elise Gilllespie, Australians love their hot cross buns so much that she predicts more than 20 million of these tasty treats will be pulled from their ovens this year.
Easter is a holiday that inspires people to relax and have fun, but it’s a great opportunity to place your business at the forefront of existing and potential customers' minds by getting your business noticed via seasonal promotions.
You don’t have to be a chocolatier or baker to maximise your sales this Easter. There are multiple opportunities for all kinds of businesses from chocolate eggs, clothes, gifts, to flowers and home decorations. Even if your product or service is not related to Easter, be creative and craft a tailored marketing campaign by promoting the various products and services that you have available during the Easter period and add a seasonal theme to:
- get your business noticed by existing and potential customers
- drive traffic to your website
- convert visitors into actual buyers
- strengthen your relationship with your existing customers
- increase your profits
You don’t need to have an enormous Easter marketing budget to profit from Easter marketing, simply start small and grow. To help maximise your sales opportunities, here are in-store and online ideas that are sure to make your business stand out.
Host an event or run Easter-themed promotions
- Don’t be scared to run an Easter marketing campaign encouraging potential customers to buy from you. It’s also an egg-cellent way for you to align your business, service or product with the spirit of the season.
- Make sure your staff are aware of the campaign and share photos and video clips of them in your social media pages.
- Hosting an Easter egg hunt with the Easter Bunny (for example) can not only bring existing and new customers to your business, but it also shows appreciation for your customers and allows you to engage with them while having fun.
- Set the tone for your promotional campaign by theming your marketing materials to mark the occasion and giving your business an Easter feel.
- Consider up-selling – by packing products together you can entice customers to purchase products they wouldn’t have originally purchased.
Run an online promotion
- Launch an Easter social media campaign. Social media allows you to get creative and engage with your customers across a multitude of social media platforms. It’s also an ‘in-eggs-spensive’ way to get your message across to a large audience at a minimal fee.
- Drive traffic to your business and website. Think of creative ways to drive website traffic by using a special QR code and offering discounts during this period. Discounts not only attract more customers, but can result in boosting sales. Consider including hidden Easter egg discounts on your website and in-store, but be sure to let your customers know you have done so using in-store posters, flyers, and reminders on social media.
- Run a digital marketing campaign. By conducting A/B split testing for example, you can develop digital marketing campaigns to small segments of your target market, testing them against other versions and making small tweaks until you can correctly predict the desired response rate. By doing this, you no longer have to worry about your budget because every dollar you spend will actually be an investment with an expected and predictable return.
With that in mind, just like the perfect egg, you need to time your Easter marketing campaign perfectly so you stand out from the sea of businesses competing for Easter sales. Plan ahead and revisit your marketing strategy to motivate customers to purchase your products and services. Be sure to tailor your marketing campaign to the right audience and think of things that your customers will be looking for.
So embrace the Easter spirit with enthusiasm and get your profits hopping.
Looking for more help with your business marketing?
For more tips on running your business, you might like to: