All new businesses start with an idea. Conducting thorough research during the business start-up phase can help you discover if you’re on the right road to success.
We know that there are a number of costs associated with starting and running a business, so we encourage you to make use of our wide range of free information and resources available:
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can walk you through the key steps to consider before starting a business.
- Access to market research information including IBISWorld industry reports that outline industry trends, market research and statistics to help you make better business decisions.
- Help in finding information via the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- Support in using our Business Licence Finder to discover which licences or permits you’ll need to run your business.
- Australian benchmarking data and research reports so you can see how your net profit compares with industry averages.
- A range of resources including fact sheets and information guides available to download from our website.
While we are not currently offering in-person services, you can still access support through a number of other ways – phone, email, live chat, video appointment and our online workshops.