Free business research and industry reports
All new businesses start with an idea. Conducting thorough research during the business start-up phase can help you discover if you’re on the right road to success.
We know that there are a number of costs associated with starting and running a business, so we encourage you to make use of the wide range of free information and resources available at our office on Level 2, 140 William St in Perth CBD.
Our office is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. You don’t need to make an appointment, just pop in to access the following free information and services:
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can walk you through the key steps to consider before starting a business.
- Access to market research information including IBISWorld industry reports that outline industry trends, market research and statistics to help you make better business decisions.
- Help in finding information via the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- Support in using our Business Licence Finder to discover which licences or permits you’ll need to run your business.
- Australian benchmarking data and research reports so you can see how your net profit compares with industry averages.
- Take home resources such as fact sheets and information guides.
Please note: Our one-to-one business advisory sessions covering areas such as leasing and commercial tenancy, business disputes and business planning are available by appointment only. Call us on 13 12 49 if you’d like to speak to one of our business advisers and, if required, to arrange an appointment.
How to find the SBDC
If you haven’t been to our office before, watch the video below for directions on how to get to the SBDC from Perth Underground Train Station.