Tropical Cyclone Seroja is creating challenging conditions across parts of Western Australia and many small business owners have been impacted by the situation.
To support you during this challenging time, there are a range of free business support services available that you can access.
Electricity and water relief packages
The State Government has announced water and electricity relief packages to provide financial support to families and businesses affected by the cyclone. The support for businesses includes:
- Synergy and Water Corporation to pause collection activities for overdue and outstanding accounts.
- Doubling of Western Power’s Extended Outage Payment from $80 to $160 for eligible customers.
- Waiving fees related to networking connections and reconnections on properties that have been destroyed.
- Reconnecting electricity for existing customers and replacing damaged meters free of charge.
- Damaged water meters will be replaced at no cost.
- A major fixture waiver will be applied to impacted businesses for two water billing cycles and additional support extended to those indirectly impacted - landlords and property managers should ensure the waiver is passed onto their tenants.
Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
The Disaster Recovery Payment provides a lump sum payment if you have been significantly affected by Cyclone Seroja. Visit the Services Australia website to find out more and see if you are eligible.
Business support in your local area
Our Business Local service provider RSM is providing free and confidential business advice to help you manage business disruption and other impacts of the cyclone. Their services include one-to-one advice delivered online, over the phone and face-to-face. The contact details for RSM are:
You can also access free advice from one of our SBDC business advisers over the phone or online.
ATO disaster support services
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) provides dedicated disaster support services that are available when you need them. This includes a range of practical options like more time to lodge and pay tax obligations and reissuing tax documents or records.
For more information about the support available from the ATO, visit ato.gov.au/disasters or phone 1800 806 218.
Personal support services
There are a range of free and confidential wellbeing services designed specifically for small business owners. These services provide a mix of general and one-to-one support, including:
- NewAccess for Small Business Owners
- My Business Health
- Ahead for Business
- Beyond Blue small business support guide