Phase five of Western Australia’s easing of COVID restrictions begins on 23 June 2021.
Having a COVID Safety Plan is mandatory for all events with more than 500 patrons. Businesses with venues will also need to update their COVID Safety Plan.
Businesses need to ensure their COVID Safety Plan is available for inspection by authorised officers. Failure to complete one may mean your business is putting the community at risk.
What will business owners need to do?
All venues that were subject to restrictions on capacity must update and implement their COVID Safety Plans and maintain a contact register.
What will event organisers need to do?
Event organisers must:
- register events with more than 500 patrons
- update and submit their COVID Safety Plans
- complete and submit a COVID Event Checklist for events with 500-2,500 patrons
- complete and submit a COVID Event Plan for events with more than 2,500 patrons.
COVID Event Plans
From 23 June 2021, events with more than 2,500 patrons will need an approved COVID Event Plan.
A COVID Event Plan is not required for events that form part of business as usual for places that have an existing public building approval in place.
- COVID Safety Plans and Guidelines - WA Government
- COVID Safety Plans in languages other than English - WA Government
- COVID Event Plans - WA Government