City of Wanneroo commits to being small business friendly
If you’re one of the 12,753 small business owners in the City of Wanneroo, you’re set to benefit from the City’s commitment to our Small Business Friendly Local Government (SBFLG) initiative.
By signing the SBFLG charter, the City of Wanneroo has become one of 33 local government authorities (LGAs) to commit to working with, and supporting, small business owners.
As part of the City of Wanneroo’s commitment to supporting small businesses, they will be:
- buying local, including:
- having a goal of awarding contracts to local businesses first (in instances where all things are equal) by December 2019
- holding information sessions for small businesses explaining the City’s procurement processes
- advising City of Wanneroo staff of their buy local policy, including a list of local suppliers for staff to easily access
- regularly engaging and consulting with small businesses
- supporting local businesses through events, information, promotion support and guidance.
Are you a business owner in the City of Wanneroo?
Contact the City if you’d like to find out more about the support available to local businesses or to provide feedback on the support you’d like to see them provide.
About the SBFLG program
The SBFLG initiative was developed to recognise the LGAs that are committed to actively supporting small businesses in their local area.
By signing up to the initiative, LGAs agree to identify, improve and review key strategies in order to deliver better services and build closer relationships with their local small businesses.
More than 127,000 small businesses - more than 56% of the State’s small businesses – are supported by their LGA through SBFLG.
Find out more about the SBFLG program, and whether your LGA has signed the charter and details of their commitments to local small businesses.