The way you access government services is changing, with myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) replacing AUSkey from 1 April 2020.
To continue to access the Australian Taxation Office’s (ATO) Business Portal and Access Manager you will need to use:
- myGovID – the Australian Government's digital identity provider and a new way to prove your identity online. Once you have established your identity you can use your myGovID to access government online services.
- Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) – a new Australian Government authorisation service that allows you to act on behalf of a business online. You need to sign in to RAM using a digital identity like myGovID.
Together, myGovID and RAM provide a secure, simple and flexible replacement to AUSkey.
If you or your staff use an AUSkey to access the ATO’s online services on behalf of your business, before 27 March 2020 you’ll need to:
- Set up your myGovID - download the myGovID app from the App Store or Google Play and use your Australian identity documents to enrol.
- Log in to RAM using your myGovID and link your business. Before linking your business, check your details on the Australian Business Register are up to date so RAM can use the correct information.
- (Optional) authorise your employees and others in RAM to act on behalf of your business online. They will receive an email to accept the authorisation request using their myGovID.
Find out more about accessing online services with myGovID and RAM.
Tip: myGovID is different to myGov. Your myGov account is where you access government online services in the one place. Your myGovID lets you prove who you are when using government online services.
Visit the ATO website to find out more about the replacement of AUSkey.
For general advice on how to start or run a business, contact our free advisory service.