Applications for the Small Business Assistance Grant – December 2021 have been extended to 31 May 2022. You must first verify your identity using myGovID in order to apply for this grant.
Applications are now open for the Small Business Assistance Grant – December 2021 to assist small businesses that were directly financially impacted by the Chief Health Officer’s COVID Restrictions (Directions) from 23 December 2021 to 4 January 2022.
The Small Business Assistance Grant – December 2021 is available to small businesses operating within the hospitality sector, the music events industry or the creative and performing arts sector.
Eligible employing businesses will receive $1,130 for each impacted day (up to a maximum of $12,500), while eligible non-employing small businesses will receive $400 for each impacted day (up to a maximum of $4,400).
The final grant payment available will be based upon the number of days that your business was impacted over this period, as demonstrated in your application and supporting evidence.
Separate grant programs for nightclubs and major music events and festivals are being offered through the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
To be eligible for the Small Business Assistance Grant - December 2021 the business must meet all criteria listed below, at the start of the restricted trading period (from 6:00pm on 23 December 2021 to 6:00am 4 January 2022 and from 6:00pm on 24 December 2021 for hospitality venues). Eligible businesses must:
- Be located within the Perth, Rottnest or Peel regions.
- Operate in the hospitality sector, the music events industry or the creative and performing arts sectors that were directly impacted by the restrictions, including:
- hospitality sector, including
- a pub, tavern or hotel, (not a nightclub),
- a restaurant or café.
- hospitality or event related
- food and beverage, including catering services,
- rental or hiring services (for example, toilets, staging, audio visual, etc.),
- creative and performing arts (for example, musicians).
- event organiser/manager (not eligible for the Getting the Show back on the Road program).
- hospitality sector, including
- Verify their identity using MyGovID.
- Hold a valid and active ABN for the period covered by their application.
- Be currently trading in Western Australia and:
- Have an annual turnover of more than $50,000, excluding GST.
- Have an Australia-wide annual payroll of less than $4 million.
- Be able to demonstrate a reduction in turnover of at least 30 per cent compared to the same period the prior year that is directly linked to the restricted trading conditions. Businesses that have been trading for less than one year can still apply but will need to demonstrate a decline in revenue to another comparable period.
- an alternative ‘reasonable comparative period’ in the previous year may be used for comparison if the businesses did not operate in the equivalent period or comparison with the equivalent period provides an inaccurate financial representation of the business.
- Agree to the program’s Terms and Conditions. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully as the applicant will be legally bound by them once they have submitted their grant application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Terms and conditions
- Ensure your internet browser is up to date, the following browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome v3.0+
- Safari v3.0+
- Firefox v 2.0+
- Internet Explorer v8.0+
- Follow the myGovID identity verification procedure:
- Ensure you have set up your myGovID app to standard security strength on your smart device (see video tutorial).
- Click on the “Verify your identity” button on this page to go to the myGovID verification page on wa.gov.au.
- Click on the “Confirm identity” button then “register now” in the digital identity section. You will be redirected to identity.gov.au.
- Select “myGovID” and login with the email address assigned to your myGovID account.
- Enter the code show on the screen into your smart device’s myGovID app.
- You will be redirected to wa.gov.au where you give your consent to share your identification details.
- On the wa.gov.au page you have been redirected to, complete your other details including your ABN, select the grant/s you are applying for, and submit the form. You will see a confirmation message.
- You will receive an automated email with details on how to start your grant application. Select the link for the grant you are applying for to take you to the SmartyGrants platform.
- You can log in to SmartyGrants using an existing login from your registered email, or create a new account. Note that applications on the SmartyGrants platform can be saved and returned to later by using your account details, but can’t be accessed or edited once submitted.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt. Without this acknowledgement, your application has not been successfully submitted.
- Applications must be received by 4:00pm 31 May 2022 (AWST).
- Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible and you will be notified of the result via email.
- Payments for successful applications will be made to your nominated business bank account.