Using an unregistered agent to lodge your tax return or business activity statement (BAS) can put you and your business at risk.
The good news is that checking that your agent is registered is as simple as:
- looking for the registered agent symbol
- using the Tax Practitioners Board’s online register to search for your agent
Using a registered agent you can be confident that:
- your agent is fully qualified and bound by a professional code of conduct
- you are protected under their professional indemnity insurance
- you can enjoy extended lodgement dates for tax returns and BAS statements
Contact the Tax Practitioners Board if you discover the agent you’re using is unregistered.