Skip to main content

Are you a subbie with a payment dispute? Take action now.

Image of a small business owner - brick layer

Whether the dispute involves a client who is refusing to pay, withholding security, or disputing the amount they owe, there are steps you can take to resolve the dispute.

You can use the processes in your contract, take action in the courts, or use the rapid adjudication process under the Construction Contracts Act.

To help you decide what’s best for you, the Building Commission has produced an easy-to-read guide specifically for subcontractors.

When a payment dispute arises, act swiftly to resolve it. See the new Subcontractor’s guide from the WA Building Commission.