The Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC) is an independent statutory authority, established in 1984 under the Small Business Development Corporation Act 1983.
A strong and enterprising small business sector in Western Australia.
To deliver and facilitate relevant, practical support to small businesses and advocate on their behalf.
What we do
Our primary role is to encourage, promote, facilitate and assist the establishment, growth and development of small business in Western Australia.
We provide a range of services to the small business sector including:
- Business skills workshops.
- Business licence finder database to identify the required licences, registrations and codes of practice required for your business.
- Advisory services to provide guidance and advice on a range of small business matters.
- Commercial tenancy advisory service to provide guidance and information regarding commercial lease agreements.
- A low-cost Dispute Resolution Service to assist with resolving business-to-business and business-to-government disputes.
- Policy, advocacy and advice to government.
We also have an outreach service, Business Local that provides assistance to small businesses located throughout Western Australia.
We are governed by a Board of Management that meets monthly to discuss the strategic direction of the Corporation.
Our operational functions are overseen by Chief Executive Officer, Mr David Eaton, who also has the role of Small Business Commissioner.
For more information view our organisational structure.