Water Corporation warning to small food retailer businesses

On 1 July, 2016, the Water Corporation changed the way it manages fines and penalties for non-compliance with the installation or upgrading of grease arrestors (also known as grease traps).

All retail food businesses including cafes and restaurants must hold a current trade waste permit and comply with all permit conditions.

Business owners who apply for a trade waste permit and are required to install or upgrade their grease arrestor will have 12 months to comply. If they have not complied, within the first 90 days, they will be subject to a daily charge of up to $22.39 per trading day for the remainder of the 12 month period. After that time, if they still have not complied, they may be subject to prosecution, additional fines of up to $50,000, $2,000 a day and/or disconnection from the Water Corporation’s wastewater system. Read more... >

MyTax – making it easy for sole traders

If you are a sole trader looking for a quick, easy, safe and secure way to lodge your tax online, myTax could be the answer.

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) has replaced e-tax with myTax, a web-based online tool - so there is no need for you to download any programs or software to your device. Being web-based, it’s always available which makes it easy to lodge from your computer, smartphone or tablet at a time convenient to you.

You will need a myGov account to login to myTax however, but setting up a myGov account is easy at the myGov website.

Visit the ATO’s website to find out more information about how you can lodge online as an individual or sole trader.




WA Regional Small Business Awards 2016-stamp

Small Business Friendly072016

support for the taxi industry