Business Licences and Permits

Do I need a licence or permit to operate my business?

Most businesses need to comply with various government regulations to operate in Western Australia. For example, if your business is operated from a residential address you may need a Home Occupation Licence from your local Council.

The various licences, permits, approvals and registrations required are issued by local, state and federal government agencies, and other non-government organisations.

The question many small business starters then ask themselves is "how do I find out which licences my business needs without approaching each agency individually?"

Business Licence Finder

The Business Licence Finder is a free online tool you can use to identify which of the 6,000 listed licences your business will need.

The Business Licence Finder provides:

  • a one-stop-shop for business licence information;
  • a list of the licences that apply to your business;
  • details of licence fees and periods of cover;
  • contact details for the agency that administers each licence; and
  • application forms for many licences.

Produce a licence information pack with the Business Licence Finder online tool. Alternatively call 13 12 49 or visit the Small Business Development Corporation - information centre at one40william St Perth, Western Australia.

What's next...


Related Information

Websites to visit:
Business Licence Finder


Our free Business Basics workshop will guide you through all the steps involved with establishing and running your own business.
Contact the Small Business Development Corporation Contact your local Small Business Centre
© 2014 Small Business Development Corporation (All Rights Reserved) Home | Privacy | Disclaimer | Copyright